Are you sick of shaving and waxing all the time? Do you suffer from ingrown hair, or are you just simply tiered of excess hair everywhere? Then Medical Grade laser hair removal is the option for you! At Promedic Laser & Skin your safety and comfort is our priority. All our accredited candela certified clinicians undergo continuous, extensive training and development to make sure we deliver consistency in all our treatments to the highest standards.
At Promedic Laser & Skin we only use medical-grade candela technology, the world’s most efficient hair reduction system available. Medical-grade laser is designed in an amazing and unique way and has the ability to target any part of the body on various skin types. Throughout the duration of the treatment, a unique feature cooling device is used to ensure maximum comfort for the client whilst also providing protection to the skin.
When choosing which method is best, it is important that you are aware of the differences between IPL and Medical Grade Laser technology. Medical Grade Laser emits wavelengths of light which is absorbed by the pigment in the hair (melanin). If the surrounding skin is lighter when compared to the colour of the hair, the entire energy of the laser will be concentrated in the hair shaft resulting in effective destruction of the hair follicle without affecting the skin.
On the contrary, ‘Beauty’ IPL laser machines are not monochromatic, meaning that IPL has many different colours and only a small percentage of the colours are effective in the treatment of hair reduction. Additionally, IPL produces various wavelengths which does not directly target the hair follicle and does not emit the adequate energy levels to successfully destroy the hair follicles.
• All Clinicians at Promedic Laser & Skin are Candela Certified Laser Clinicians with extensive Industry Experience & Laser Safety License
• All Clinicians at Promedic Laser & Skin have successfully achieved accreditation in accordance with the standards set by Radiation Health QLD
• At Promedic, an advanced cooling device is used to ensure maximum patient comfort during treatment
• Our Candela Medical Grade Laser Technology is highly effective for a variety of skin and hair types
• Every individual has a tailored treatment in order to monitor effectiveness of results
It is very simple – a concentrated light is directed into the hair follicle which inhibits the growth of hair without damaging and destroying the surface of the skin. To ensure maximum results, extensive pre and post care is provided before and after your treatment. While every client is different, a comprehensive complimentary consultation is required for every client prior to their treatment. This allows our clinicians to provide the best possible treatment plan to ensure effective and efficient results. We recommend 6-12 treatments for best results. For darker skin types, a test patch is required prior to treatment.
It is vital to inform your clinician if you have any significant medical history and/or taking any medications including over the counter vitamins, supplements and antibiotic use as some medications can be photosensitizing. Adequate adherence to pre and post care is crucial for a safe and effective treatment. Following the pre and post care information provided by Promedic will maximise effectiveness of results.
• Do not wax, pluck or bleach at least two weeks prior and during treatment
• Avoid sun exposure two weeks prior to laser treatment and use 50+ SPF sunscreen during any sun exposure (Recommended product: Skinstitut Age Defence 50+)
• Do not use any form of tanning products such as; tanning creams, solutions, lotions or solariums for at least 4 weeks prior to your treatment. This procedure may need to be postponed tan is present
• Do not use any depilatory creams or bleaching creams four weeks prior to treatment
• Shave area thoroughly within 12 hours of your treatment – Shaving fee may apply if area has not been shaved prior to treatment
• Do not use Retin-A for two weeks prior to treatment
• Do not use Accutane for at least six months prior to treatment
• Cease use of glycolic scrub or any other active ingredients 72 hours pre treatment
• We request that facial areas, spot treatments and review appointments are not shaven
• Do not apply any lotions, perfumes, after shave or creams on the day of laser hair removal treatment
• Highly Recommended: Skinstitut Post Laser Kit; Laser Aid, Glycolic Scrub & Age Defence 50+
• Avoid sun exposure for seven days post laser treatment
• Avoid strenuous exercise, hot showers, sauna’s, spas, swimming pools for the next 24-48 hours
• Apply Laser aid generously for 5 days post treatment for a minimum of 3 times a day
• Commence use of glycolic scrub 3 days post treatment to ensure adequate removal of excess hair and minimise in-grown hairs
• Avoid use of AHA’s, glycolics or any active ingredients for 72 hours post treatment
Post Laser Treatment
• Redness, itchiness, warm skin
• Follicular Oedema; swelling of the hair follicles in response to heat energy of the laser. They generally look like small red dots which usually appears shortly after treatment (or during) and can resolve from 30 minutes to 72 hours. It is important not to shave until the follicular oedema has resolved, to prevent further irritation to the skin. Follicular oedema creates a lumpy, swollen appearance of the skin and is an absolutely normal response post treatment.
• Chaffing/Friction; can occur from wearing tight clothing immediately post treatment
• Hives; use of antihistamine can significantly reduce irritation
• Hot spots; post treatment ongoing erythema (lasting longer than 72 hours)
• Hyper and hypopigmentation
• Crusting and swelling of the skin; in the unusual case of crusting, contact Promedic Laser & Skin immediately on (03) 9078 3282. Do not pick at these areas as this may cause further irritation leading to infection
• Medical Grade Laser treatment is up to 85% effective in most cases and comes with mild-moderate discomfort. Taking an analgesic such as Nurofen prior to treatment may help manage some of the discomfort during treatment.
• Results vary significantly with each individual based on medical health history, skin type and general response. However, Promedic Laser & Skin recommends a minimum of 6-12 sessions for effective results.
Please contact us if you have any further queries. Email us today!